If there's one thing I've learned this year is that fear is the thief of:
-Joy
-Peace
-Love
-Trust
-Identity
-Happiness
Trust in the relationships you have, trust in your God, but do not trust your circumstances, your pocket book, or any other material item whether it is your car, your house, or your paycheck. I have been threatened to loose every material item of value I own this year (car, house, paycheck), but at the end of it all, I still have what really counts. My mom, dad, sister, several wonderful friends, students and colleagues who respect and care for me, and a God who loves me unconditionally even when I fail to recognize it.
So if my 24 (almost 25) years of wisdom count for anything I would say this:
Trust in the Lord your God. Trust in your family and friends. Everything else can be taken from you in an intant. Be grateful always for those things because even when everything else seems to be falling away, at least you have that.
I hope that if I am challenged again in this matter that I will stand strong and not allow fear to take over me (even for one day). I realize that my actions and my reactions affect not only my only happiness but the happiness of everyone around me. So for all the times I've failed to trust in that which really matters, I am sorry. For all the times I allowed fear to rob me of my peace, I say, I hope God will give me the grace to not do this again. I know in the course of my life I will be tested many times, but I also know that there will be good and beautiful times ahead as well. I only hope that my response to adversity can be one of courage, humility, trust, and love.
Thank you for your continued support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment