
I know, it's been a long time since I updated this thing and A LOT has happened since February. I was let go from my job (well, not till June 30th). And since that time I have been hired at Chaminade Middle School for the 2009-2010 school year. I've never taught Middle school before so it will be an entirely new experience for me. My assignment will be three 7th grade English language/literature classes and 2 grammar classes for 6th grade. I've also never taught a class that was strictly grammar! That should definitely be interesting!! I hope I can make grammar fun the way my teachers there did.
That said, I was a graduate of Chaminade MS in 1998. Wow, 11 years ago already! Yikes! The now principal, Mr. Valentine, was my 6th grade literature teacher and the VP was my Social Studies teacher in the 7th grade. They are such kind, wonderful people. I know I will love working with them. I will say, I have bittersweet emotions with everything. I will be very sad to leave my kids at Reseda--I've developed some pretty good bonds with some of them, especially the current 10th and 11th graders. Plus, I graduated from RHS in 2002 so many of my colleagues were also my teachers, and we have now become good friends. I know that on Magnet dinner this year (it's on June 12th) I will be feeling very sentimental. But on the flip side, I think this must be what God wants for me because I would never have made this choice on my own and there must be a reason for it. LAUSD is so messed up, so badly organized and so poorly managed, I can't imagine working for them for the next 30 years of my life. Even if the pay and benefits are higher, I only live ONCE and 30 years of my life is a huge junk of it to be so utterly frustrated and disatisfied with my employer. Even though the people at RHS are wonderful, they have no control over the whims of the district. So I will be on my way, to new horizons. I have high hopes that it will be just the thing I'm meant to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment