These are my last 2 weeks teaching at Reseda Science Magnet. It has been an amazing 3 years. I can't believe that my time there is almost over. I have made so many friendships with the faculty and staff. And most importantly, I have been touched by my students. Because of them, I can now call myself a true teacher. I will miss them so much. And even though I know we will all move on, we will all create new chapters in our life--good chapters--, I can't help but believe that we will remember each other. I will remember the moments when they made me laugh and a few times when they made me cry. When kids came to me because they had no one else to turn to. When I came to them, looking for life's beauty in the joy of a young person.
I know in 2 weeks when I shut the door to my classroom for the very last time there will be tears in my eyes. Tears of sadness at the end of this chapter, tears of pride, tears of love for what was. I know it sounds dramatic, but if you knew some of these kids you might not think so. I graduated from Reseda Science Magnet 7 years ago. Now I graduate again as a teacher. I am moving on to Chaminade, but I will forever be a Regent.
To my students (even though they don't read this) I thank you and I love you. To my colleagues, I couldn't have done it without your support. To my friends thank you for giving me the courage I need to make this next step in my life.
I am truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment