Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another trial...






Well, I have to say...I thought all my struggles were finally getting resolved but today a giant pine tree behind my condo fell and smashed through the roof of my complex completely destroying some of the beams in my ceiling and part of my patio. Damages are estimated at $30,000 and the repairs will take at least 3 months to complete. Fortunately, I have insurance that will cover it but my house is a complete disaster. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

I'm not looking for sympathy but I could really use some prayers right now. I know other people have gone through hard times too...but in the last year the following has occurred:

1. Fell down a flight of stairs and ended up in the ER
2. Got hit by gang members going 70 miles per hour in their Ford F150 (4 days after falling down stairs)
3. Water heater blew up
4. Heating and plumbing had issues
5. I've been threatened with lay offs on and off all year
6. I tree has just smashed through the roof of my house.

Am I forgetting something?? I'm sure I am...

On the brighter side of things, my neighbors were incredible. They are helping me take care of all the issues with the insurance and two ladies stayed with me for over 5 hours today as we looked through rubble and the tree people came out to remove the tree (which took over 2 hours because it was that heavy and huge). I feel so grateful to have insurance with the Home Owners Association; instead of it being completely devastating it is now just a huge inconvenience (and slightly traumatic to see the home you've been establishing for the past 2 years destroyed).

I am still confident that 2009 will be a good year. I just really need some prayers and support right now. It's emotionally taxing if nothing else and I'd really appreciate a little break from all the stress.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment