Monday, January 5, 2009

My guilty pleasure...


Every Monday when I wake up and realize I have to go to work for another five days, I think to myself..."It's okay, Gossip Girl's on tonight!" (I'm cringing as I acknowledge this!). It's so ridiculous...I know. But for whatever reason I love the characters. Whether it's Chuck Bass or Blair Waldorf, I just have to know what's happening in the lives of these Upper East Siders. It's the perfect get away from a serious world that's worried about the economy (these kids not only go to clubs in Manhattan--they own them!). And while I do not consider myself materialistic, the show has an allure...the allure of not worrying about anything other than their silly lives.

So for all the...well, idealistic talk that I have...I am a bit trivial now and then. Well, at least from 8-9pm every Monday night ;-)

I have to be well-rounded don't I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment