
Well, I've decided to start blogging because I love reading Erika's blog and it's a great way for me to see what's going on in her life...way better than MySpace or Facebook cuz I can actually read about stuff happening in her daily life. So yeah, anyways...it's 2009 and I'm convinced that this is going to be a great year. My head is swimming with ideas for how I want to make this year so much better than years past (not that years past have been bad).
Here are some thoughts:
1. I've joined a hiking group...let me know if you'd be interested in going. I'm thinking twice a month. They're Saturday mornings and usually start at like 8 or 8:30 so that's why I don't want to do it every week.
2. Volunteer: I've been told my generation is the narcisist generation & I'm determined not to be that! I've looked into some helping seniors things...again, let me know if you're interested (everything is always more fun with friends!)
3. Get a new job: This isn't really my choice...LAUSD is laying off thousands of teachers due to the economy. I'm looking at either private schools or the Las Virgenes School District. I hope I get hired somewhere I'll love!
4. Go to a country concert...yes, you heard me. I am craving a Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood, or George Straight concert...any takers?
5. Finish writing my book by the end of summer (more to come on this)
6. [If I get a new job] Volunteer abroad--I'm thinking India for several weeks over the summer.
7. Have fun!!!! (this should be #1...lol)
So anyways, what did I to today? I had lunch with the MEEN girls (aka: me, erika, emila & nicole). Erika gave us matching necklaces! So sweet...thanks girl! We then went shopping at the Topanga Mall and just enjoyed each other's company...it was so good to see them cuz we missed each other during the holidays. Last week I got to go to Santa Barbara with Kim and I'm looking to find some fun things to do this week cuz I have 1 more week off before going back to work.
Okay, so I'm into quotes and this one I find particularly beautiful...it's from the Lord of the Rings...and yes, I know...that definitely classifies me as a nerd but if you saw me in my Senior Seminar (on the LOTRs) you'd know just how into this I get...haha.
“All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old who are strong do not whither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow will spring
Renewed be the blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king.”
Nice Goals! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Blogging! I love blogging. I have done journals several times throughout my life, but my blog is the only thing I have consistently kept up.
ReplyDeleteI don't try to force myself to write every day, but I know its there when I am inspired. Keep writing!
Love,
Marc T
#4 - YES!! George Strait! I'm so in! :)
ReplyDelete